Want to decorate your front porch on a budget?
Recently, I updated my front porch. Your front porch is your first impression to others so you want it to be inviting and welcoming. My porch was really lacking in the welcoming factor, so I knew I needed to change that ASAP.
I love to decorate. Like a lot. But I’m a teacher, on a single salary so I have to be frugal with how I spend my money (insert sad song here!) I’ve got to get creative on how I can use what I have and shop my home, along with adding some new, affordable pieces in to the mix.
You don’t have to spend a ton of money or have a lot of things to make an impact. I knew I wanted something simple, yet inviting to my guests as they entered my home.
Here’s how to decorate your front porch on a budget:
1. Shop your home- look around and see what you already own that is hiding in your home or garage that you might be able to put out. A rug? A wreath you don’t use? A pot? A sign? A piece of wood you can DIY into a sign?
2. Create layers with welcome mats/rugs by adding a larger one underneath. The larger rug might be where you want to invest in a new piece so keep it neutral so you can change out the smaller mats with the season to get a whole new look without spending a lot of money.
3. Add some greenery. You can do this by adding a wreath or a swag or some plants.
4. Display some sort of welcome sign that is inviting to your guests. This can be something you purchase or something you can DIY to save money.
5. Keep it clean. This doesn’t cost you anything, but some time and energy. Make sure to sweep and hose it often to keep the leaves, cobwebs and bugs away from your door.
I was able to decorate my front porch by shopping my home and using things I already owned (like the big pot that was on my back porch sitting empty, the hello mat that was already there and the welcome wooden sign that my dad and I made a few years ago) All I needed to purchase to decorate this space was the larger black and white buffalo check rug (which I am completely obsessed with!) a new wreath I found for 50% off at Hobby Lobby and some succulents (because let’s face it, they are beautiful and about the only plant I don’t normally kill.)
Decorating your front porch on a budget can be easy and fun!
Please leave a comment below about ways you create an inviting front porch without spending a lot of money.
Pin this for later if you want to decorate your front porch on a budget…